Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CANCER CANCELS VOTE


My friend, Judy, has been battling cancer. Judy was my first "focus group," the first person to read my manuscript. She was the one who suggested adding Definitions, because she didn't ride a bike and was unfamiliar with many of the terms. However, I couldn't really trust her to say anything negative about the book, she was so enthusiastic about the whole thing. Anyhow, Judy couldn't bring herself to like any of the presidential candidates, so declared she would write me in. She had also mentioned the yard signs in her neighborhood. Several days later she had a sign of her own. Unfortunately, she passed away before she could vote. Judy, we'll miss you.

3 comments:

  1. Dad, this is so lovely. I know that you and mom will miss Judy in many ways. This picture says so many things about her - it really is worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I also linked your blog to my blog so my cycling followers will read about your journey.

    Aloha
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry,
    Sorry to hear the news of your friend Judy. I linked your blog to mine so my cycling friends can read about your journey!

    Aloha
    Ben

    ReplyDelete