Friday, June 5, 2009

PUTTING THE SPIN ON IT

Like, political spin. Can I count my mountain bike rides on rail-trails as double my road miles? After all, they take lots more energy. I got around to reading Ben's Blog, and realized I hadn't posted my May mileage. As of the 18th I had 456 miles. Then we hit the road for the Dakotas. I managed to find trails in Wichita, Kansas; Omaha, Nebraska; Pierre, South Dakota; and Medora, North Dakota. Those were after driving all day, and in addition to the Mickelson Trail. In all, my bike computer registered 174 miles. Now, if I could count that as 348, I would be in range of my goal....
I actually tracked daily mileage on my Garmin Forerunner 201, and felt no need to write down the dailies, since I could recall them on the 201 when I got home. Unbelievably, the last ride, which took very little effort, just sitting on the bike from Independence Pass (12,095 ft) seemed to have done something to it. The Garmin help folks at least got it to where I can turn it off (by doing a Master Reset), but turning it on takes pushing the Enter button instead of Power, and none of the buttons work. I planned on using this hiking, but it won't be back in time. Oh, Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment