Saturday, August 1, 2009

LEADVILLE 100 AND LANCE

I'll be in Leadville for the mountain bike race of the year, mainly because Lance (and probably a few other notables) will be there. But the only cycling I'll do is from the parking spot to the Bookmine book store, for a Meet-the-Author and booksigning of Bicycle Journeys with Jerry. I'm taking my copy of Bobke II, in case Bob Roll comes by, and hopefully get his autograph. I can't find my Lance book, I think I lent it to someone.
You may have noticed I didn't do my monthly weigh-in picture last month (or this month for that matter). Remember, my goal was 2 pounds a month or 146 by October, whichever came first. In June, the end-of-month goal was 148.8 and I actually had reached it on June 10th. But then I went on our fabulous vacation to Georgia. The heavy exercise undertaken in Georgia was offset+ by good food and drink, and I had a lot going on, so skipped writing about the weight gain (three pounds). This morning I weighed in at 149.2. I have been catching grief about the monthly camera shot, so will only do one sometime in October.
I finally got around to cleaning the mountain bike, from the Mickelson Trail trip in May. Unlike the Katy Trail, when we got caught in a downpour on the last day and the bike got filthy, except for the chain, it really was more of a wipe-down. It took about a half-hour to release the quick-release link and take the chain off to give it a proper cleaning and relube.
Exciting activities are coming up, check back in 10 days.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jerry,

    We are going up there the weekend before the race (next weekend). You should consider doing a 9 mile hike up Mount Elbert (2nd tallest mountain in the contiguous U.S.).

    Regards,
    Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, this trip was a late-minute addition to an already full calendar so I get in late Friday, am at the bookstore Saturday, and drive home Sunday morning. BTW, be sure to stop by the bookstore and say "hi" to Carol and let her know you read about it on my blog. Check back next week to read what I did when you were there.

    ReplyDelete