Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TIGER EDITORIAL

The pundits are hypothesizing if Tiger can win the Masters on his first foray after his "problem." He has, afterall, had four plus months away from competition. This really isn't an editorial, but since I titled it such, I'll put in my two cents worth. Back when he started he said something to the effect of: "If I bring my A-Game, I'll win." Lack of game experience or not, if he can put distractions to the side for four days, even A- or B+ should get him another green jacket.
I, on the other hand, must bring my A game just to keep the competition in sight. That isn't going to happen on my first time-trial April 10th. Yesterday I finally got on the tt bike and did a few 5k reps. I thought it was the first time since last October, but somehow managed one on January 27th. Tiger, at least, has been practicing.
The dead calm wind,when I left the house, indicated perfect practice weather. Driving to the park, I noticed flags standing straight out. These weren't little gas station triangles, but good sized Stars and Stripes. I estimate 15mph when I started and 20mph when I quit. The bike was being blown around when the wind came from the side. Practice was cut short in the interest of safety. Don't get me wrong, it was a good workout, so I ignored the slow times, the gasping breath, the heart-rate.
I like being fast, I like being good, but most of all, I like having fun. Outcomes notwithstanding, April 10th and 11th will net me two days of fun racing on my bike. Speaking of fun, soon a group of us will begin riding the Natchez Trace. Check back later to see if expectations met reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment