Monday, August 16, 2010

STUPID MISTAKE

I skipped my Sunday ride yesterday and allowed my knees to lessen their whining. I also cut the grass, which had been neglected in the run-up to the competition, and a few other household chores. A lot of my down-time was spent grousing over not recognizing the lack of cadence display before my race.
The plan to increase speed this year focused on increasing my rpm. Because I could only perceive that my strokes were in the 85-90 range, I don't really know if I reached my goal. Back to the practice course and continue increasing rpm until I'm comfortable at 90-92 and wait until the Senior Games in October to see how that turns out.
Another change, in the actual races, I haven't been paying much attention to the computer, using it mostly for post-race assessment. In the future, I'll re-configure the display to make cadence prominent, and monitor and adjust during the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment