Monday, February 13, 2012

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR...

usually sometime in February. I get in a ride, then assess how I'm doing. Then minor panic sets in as I realize how out of shape I am. Resolve to do better, ride more, etc etc. Eventually I calm down and review how things went last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Even though I entered a few races in February last year, I really shouldn't have. I was in good condition for a 48 mile ride, but found out oh-too-soon the large difference between riding and racing. One thing I'm missing this year is the 19 mile hills ride. Something has usually come up to prevent me from going. But I need to get it in, once a week.

This year the weather and/or needed errands have combined to make me frustrated. But I look at the ride calendar for last year and see not much difference in outside riding, or inside riding. So, let's see if I can vent the frustrations on a good cycling ride tomorrow, or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment